Good morning, everyone! I hope you’re feeling healthy, feeling strong. We’re in this together, you and I.
Working from home is amazing at first, right? You wake up 10 minutes before the day starts, taking calls in your pajamas, lounging on the couch sending e-mails. But soon the days blend together and the rooms in your apartment feel smaller. The couch is uncomfortable and you can’t remember the last time you wore street clothes. You consider taking a nap…
WAIT! What about something new to break the monotony?
Studies suggest the best way to counter the effects of cabin fever is to structure your days by creating a routine. Much like when you were working from the office: wake up, shower, dress, commute, work, have lunch, work, commute home, make dinner, catch up on reading/watch TV, get ready for bed, sleep, rinse, repeat. A routine keeps your mind focused on the next task.
Some of my daily routines are as follows:
- go to bed on time
- wake up early
- shower in the morning
- eat breakfast
- set my workstation away from the bedroom
- take several walks outside
- stretching to relieve tension/restlessness
And of course, watching movies! Now is the time to binge to your heart’s delight – factoring into your routine – and using the inspiration to jump-start your own creative ventures. I’m currently watching the Pirate of the Caribbean saga. If you want to follow me on a mystical quest to the isle of Tortuga..
- “The Curse of the Black Pearl” streaming on Disney+
- “Dead Man’s Chest” streaming on Disney+
- “At World’s End” streaming on Disney+
- “On Stranger Tides” available for VOD on YouTube, iTunes, Vudu, etc.
- “Dead Men Tell No Tales” streaming on Hulu